Lutheran and Anglican Ministries of the Bruce Peninsula



St. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran Church
441 Brown Street, Wiarton, Ontario

519-534-3456


chair_st_peters@laamb.ca

     The congregation of St. Peter’s was formed in 1889, five years before Wiarton was incorporated as a town. The first building was a wooden one which burned down (arson was suspected) on April 8, 1918. The current stone building was constructed in 1922-1923. Over the years the people of St. Peter’s have been an active congregation supporting a variety of groups such as Luther League (young people) and Ladie’s Aid. Today we continue to worship in that same stone building and welcome anyone who would like to join us. We have a number of groups providing interesting programs for an active faith life.

PHOTO BY FATHER MORLEY E. PINKNEY

PHOTO BY FATHER MORLEY E. PINKNEY